Saturday, August 23, 2008

Bragging rights!!!!!



Ok so today was my first official Cross Country meet. My team traveled to Moab early this morning however we didn't beat the heat but we came out on top. My varsity boys ran so well, those of you who know running lingo they had at 32 sec gap for top 5!!!! Our team won both the varsity boys race and the Jv race. The course was held on the Moab golfcourse I drove a golf cart around cheering and yelling crazy coach in the golf cart.... It was nearly 100 degrees but they ran tough! My girls ran well as well however I only have 4 on my team and for those of you who don't know I need 5 to make a scoring team. So my girls ran individually and ran GREAT! I had a 2nd place finish a 10th and 12th overall! There were 8 teams who competed from surrounding states Colorado, New Mexico and Utah. I love Coaching and look forward to a successful season!

9 comments:

sinika said...

How exciting Telisse! Reading this made me get that little nervous feel that I used to get before a race! :) Hope your teams do great and maybe you could steal a girl from the soccer team to make 5 Ha! Ha!

Williams Family said...

Super Duper good job on the race. Congrats! to you. We are so proud of you T and all of your accomplishments.

{leah} said...

Yeah for you!! That's great! So do you like coaching, or being coached better? I'm with Sini seal a girl from another sport and start winning trophies for boys and girls.

Amy Lou said...

Telisse! I came across your blog through about 4-5 different peoples (yes, I am a blog stalker, and on a Friday night no less, what a looser!) I am so glad to see what is going on with you. I saw your mom out walking on my way to a baseball game last week and almost stopped but of course was runing late! Kade is such a handsome boy, you two look very happy! Congrats on your coaching position, it is so your perfect job.
~Amy (Campbell) Ursenbach
www.easysite.com/ursenbachfamily

Amy Lou said...

I remember you and I pregnant together and thinking, "we are really playing house!" Isn't it funny doing the 1st grade thing? I am trying so hard to be a cool mom and not make a big deal of it, but I can't stop laughing at the idea of recess and school lunch! How did Kade adjust to the all day thing? I would love to get together, let me know when will be around.

Shauna said...

Go Telisse! I bet you're an awesome coach. :)

Talley said...

Impressive! Noy bad for a first meet. It was good to see you at AF, sorry we didn't get to talk more.

The Bentley's said...

yeah telisse.. that's an awesome gap. hope your having fun!

The Dunnes said...

That's sooooo cool! This time of the year always reminds me of CC and I occasionally feel nostalgic for those times! Your blog took me back.... thanks! Best of luck and awesome job!

Coaching the High school x-country and track team

Coaching the High school x-country  and track team

Coaching

Coaching

The game plan!

The game plan!

Emery meet........

Emery meet........

Carbon High Cross Country Team

Carbon High Cross Country Team

Pep Talk before the big home meet

Pep Talk before the big home meet
"We won the meet by one POINT!